Our Goals and Objectives for Children
We want children enrolled in our schools to:
- Feel secure and cared for at all times in a safe, loving, and stimulating environment for growing and developing. We seek to develop in each child, self-esteem through self-awareness; a healthy and wholesome attitude towards her/his body; a positive self-image; independence through learning how to care for herself/himself.
- Develop positive social/emotional interactions with peers and adults. We intentionally teach each child how to work directly with his/her peers, adults, and the real world within which he/she lives.
- Develop cognitive abilities to the fullest. Our goal is to develop in each child the ability to think and to use language; to express himself/herself creatively; to expand his/her awareness of the natural and cultural world around her/him, and find a deeper understanding by asking questions and investigating.
- Learn proper nutritional habits, improve physical development, maintain good health, and personal safety. We strive for each child to acquire an understanding of herself/himself; develop her/his feelings; the ability to recognize them and deal with them in a healthy way.
- Learn a biblical perspective; asking questions involving the faith of family and friends, while respecting the views of others.
- Enter Kindergarten with confidence. In today's world, it is important for children to develop all components of kindergarten readiness, most of which are not generally considered to be "academic"; even though they directly influence how children learn and function in a Kindergarten classroom.